This site   Web
Marriage Licenses

Marriage License Information

We process Marriage Licenses Monday-Friday 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M..

Note: It is your responsibility to proofread all documents and make sure they are correct, as fees will apply in the amount of $16.00 to $32.00 from the State of Nebraska to make any amendments to the Marriage License.

The Marriage License Application Worksheet may be completed, printed and brought to our office - cost is $25.00.

Requirements for a marriage license issued by Hall County:

  • Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot marry in the state of Nebraska if you are under 17.
  • Parental consent is required for applicants who are 17 or 18 years of age. The parental consent forms are available at the County Clerk's Office.
  • Presenting photo identification is required. A drivers license from any of the 50 states or a Nebraska ID card. Or a U.S. passport or a U.S. Military Card, or a Foreign Passport are acceptable forms of photo identification. Proof of citizenship or immigration status is neither relevant or required.
  • We will also need to see a social security card, if a number has been issued to the applicant. The issuance of a social security number to either applicant is not required to obtain a Marriage License.
  • Need to know birthplace of bride and groom.
  • Need full names and birthplace of both parents.
  • $25.00 cash only
  • If applicant had a previous marriage, we will need to know the date the marriage ended, it has to be 6 months and 1 day from the date marriage ended before applicant can apply for another marriage license.
  • Licenses are good for 1 year from the date of issuance.
  • A couple may apply for their license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any other Nebraska county.

To receive a copy or a certified copy of a Hall County Marriage License you will need the following information:

  • $1.00 for a copy
  • $9.00 for a certified copy
  • Name of Groom & Bride (including maiden name)
  • Date of marriage
  • Must be issued from Hall County to receive a copy

Mail a money order to:
Hall County Clerk's Office
121 South Pine Street
Grand Island, NE 68801